2018 Limited Edition
Alpine Spruce / Tasmanian Blackwood
- First-class acoustic guitar made from solid woods.
- Premium Alpine spruce soundboard and high-quality Tasmanian blackwood back and sides.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including unique soundboard voicing, revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint and resonance enhancing Full-Pore High-Gloss Finish.
- Luxury appearance featuring a distinctive rosette, binding, and unconventional square padauk fingerboard position markers.
- Heavy-duty Hiscox hardshell case.
The 2018 Limited Edition offers 75 all-solid woods premium six-string guitars made of the finest exotic tonewoods that lend the instruments an exceptional look and sound. The guitars feature precision craftsmanship and top-drawer acoustic qualities, courtesy of a unique design and proprietary construction technologies, such as soundboard voicing, ultra-thin, highly consistent finish, flawless robotic polishing, and a revolutionary guitar neck design known as the Furch CNR System.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of the 2018 Limited Edition is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is individually tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the guitar’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, the 2018 Limited Edition has a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
Resonance enhancing finish
The instrument is protected by our proprietary Full-Pore High-Gloss Finish, which has been developed to enhance the guitar’s tonal qualities. The finish consists of an ultrathin layer of highly resistant lacquer that provides excellent surface protection and accentuates the structure of the wood at the same time.
The stunning appearance of the 2018 Limited Edition is underscored by a number of details made of African padauk. This exotic wood is featured in the body, headstock, and fingerboard binding with a white contrasting line, soundboard inlay, and bold ring rosette with black and white contrasting lines.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
Unconventional position markers
White pearl side position markers combined with unconventional rectangular fingerboard inlays made from padauk improve fingerboard orientation and enhance the guitar’s exclusive appearance.
Excellent machine heads
The 2018 Limited Edition has an excellent tuning stability courtesy of Gotoh Gold Patina machine heads with polished ebony buttons and a highly precise 1:21 gear ratio.
High-rigidity Hiscox case
Maximum protection during transport is provided by a high-rigidity Hiscox case with polyurethane insulating foam that shields the instrument from changes in external climatic conditions.
|Available body shapes||OM|
|Neck-to-body joint||14th fret|
|Solid top - grade||Alpine spruce - AAA|
|Solid back and sides - grade||Tasmanian blackwood - master grade|
|Binding||Padauk with white line|
|Rosette||Padauk ring with black and white line|
|Bridge pins||Ebony with pearl eye|
|Saddle||TUSQ fully compensated|
|Bridge string spacing||55 mm|
|Top finish||Full-Pore High-Gloss Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Full-Pore High-Gloss Finish|
|Pickguard||Anti-Scratch - transparent|
|Nut width||45 mm|
|Available nut width||43 mm and 48 mm|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||650 mm|
|Fingerboard material||Figured ziricote|
|Fingerboard radius||400 mm|
|Fingerboard front inlay||Padauk rectangular inlays|
|Fingerboard side inlay||Pearl linear position markers|
|Headstock overlay||Figured ziricote|
|Fingerboard and headstock binding||Padauk with white line|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Gotoh 510 Gold Patina - gear ratio 1:21|
|Machine head buttons||Polished ebony|
|Nut string spacing (45 mm)||38 mm|
|Nut string spacing (43 mm)||36,6 mm|
|Nut string spacing (48 mm)||40,1 mm|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Full-Pore Smooth-Slide Satin Finish|
|Headstock finish||Full-Pore High-Gloss Finish|