Bc 61-CM 5
Western Red Cedar / African Mahogany
- All-solid woods acoustic-electric bass guitar 5-string version.
- Carefully selected materials.
- Unique manufacturing and construction technologies, such as own soundboard design and the revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint.
- Natural restrained look of the guitar underscored by an open-pore finish, an faux tortoise body binding, and white pearl side position markers.
- Fretted or fretless versions available.
Carbon footprint of Bc 61-CM 5
Before 36.5 kg
After 2020 14.6 kg
The Bc 61-CM 5 is a solid-wood acoustic-electric bass guitar engineered to deliver a superb sound. The soundboard features a proprietary construction that includes an unconventional soundhole designed to enhance low-end response. The combination of an western red cedar soundboard and African mahogany back and sides produces a perfect tonal balance. The bass comes with a pickup and LR Baggs Element Active System – Volume Tone Control electronics.
The Bc 61-CM 5 features Open-Pore Finish, a special thin finish that promotes the natural sonic qualities of tonewoods and provides an excellent level of surface protection. The finish accentuates low frequencies and produces a natural woody sound.
The bass owes its stylish appearance to binding made from faux tortoise.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
The Bc 61-CM 5 is also available as a fretless version which can produce tones approximating those of a double bass.
Excellent machine heads
The bass has an excellent tuning stability courtesy of Furch Machine Black Chrome machine heads with a highly precise 1:18 gear ratio.
LR Baggs EAS-VTC
The Bc 61-CM 5 comes with LR Baggs EAS-VTC pickup, which features an all-discrete preamp fitted inside the guitar and a volume control mounted in the soundhole for easy access. The system faithfully reproduces the instrument’s acoustic voice with an unrivaled dynamic range.
|Available body shapes||Bc|
|Neck-to-body joint||15th fret|
|Solid top - grade||Western red cedar - AA|
|Solid back and sides - grade||African mahogany - AA|
|Bridge string spacing||2 13/16|
|Top finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Nut width||1 3/4|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Bass D|
|Scale length||33 7/8|
|Fingerboard radius||15 3/4|
|Fingerboard side inlay||White pearl position dots|
|Neck material||African Mahogany|
|Machine heads||Furch Machine Black Chrome - gear ratio 1:18|
|Zero fret||Black TUSQ|
|Nut string spacing||1 1/2|
|Strings||Elixir Bass Nickel Plated Steel Nanoweb 45-130; D`Addario Chrome XL Flat Wound 45-132 (fretless)|
|Neck finish||Open-Pore Finish with antibacterial additive|
|Headstock finish||Open-Pore Finish|