Sitka Spruce / Layered Mahogany
- High-quality acoustic guitar with soundboard from select solid Sitka spruce.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including soundboard voicing and the revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint.
- Refined appearance featuring black body binding, a pickguard, and a rosette with concentric rings.
Violet Series guitars take full advantage of the tonal potential of a solid Sitka spruce soundboard and layered mahogany back and sides. The back is pressed into an arch thanks to which no reinforcing braces are necessary. This design has a positive effect on the guitar’s resonance and translates into a strong, loud, dynamic, and balanced sound.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of Furch Violet SY guitars is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the guitar’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, Furch Violet SY guitars have a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
Furch Violet SY guitars feature Open-Pore Finish, a special thin finish that promotes the natural sonic qualities of tonewoods and provides an excellent level of surface protection. The finish accentuates low frequencies and produces a natural woody sound.
The attractive look of the soundboard is underscored by a combination of black binding and a rosette featuring a black ring with a white line, which contrasts with the light appearance of the spruce top plate.
Furch Violet SY guitars are protected by a black pickguard, which has been redesigned by the addition of a transparent extension toward the soundhole. The new pickguard shape provides better soundboard protection without disrupting the rosette pattern.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows fine adjustments of the neck relief in both directions. The truss rod is installed in a carbon casing filled with silicone to prevent undesirable vibrations and to ensure smooth action.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
The fingerboard of Furch Violet SY guitars is made from high-quality ebony and features buffed frets with hidden fret leg ends, which allows for high playing comfort.
For maximum protection during transport, we highly recommend to provide every new Furch guitar with a high-rigidity Hiscox case with a highly impact-resistant ABS outer shell and interior polyurethane padding, or with the first-class gigbag with additional shell reinforcements in the walls, and other special features for comfortable carrying on the shoulder, in hand, or as a backpack.
The Hiscox case can be purchased for a suggested retail price of $ 379, and the gigbag for a suggested retail prices of $ 115.
|Available body shapes||D, G|
|Neck-to-body joint||At the 14th fret|
|Solid top - grade||Sitka spruce - A|
|Back and sides||Layered mahogany|
|Rosette||Black with white line|
|Saddle||TUSQ Black fully compensated|
|Bridge string spacing||55 mm|
|Top finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Nut width||45 mm|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||650 mm|
|Fingerboard radius||400 mm|
|Fingerboard side inlay||White position dots|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Furch Machine Chrome - gear ratio 1:18|
|Nut string spacing (45 mm)||38 mm|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Open-Pore Finish|
|Headstock finish||Open-Pore Finish|