Sitka spruce / African mahogany
- High-quality acoustic guitar made from carefully selected solid woods.
- Proprietary design features and production technologies, including unique soundboard voicing, revolutionary Furch CNR System® neck joint and resonance enhancing Full-Pore Satin Finish.
- Stylish appearance featuring appointments made from black walnut, faux tortoise and mother-of-pearl.
- Heavy-duty Hiscox hardshell case.
Carbon footprint of Green SM
Before 33.8 kg
After 2020 13.5 kg
The Green SM has a soundboard made from carefully selected Sitka spruce, the back and sides are made from African mahogany. The entire body is protected by our proprietary Full-Pore Satin Finish, developed to enhance the resonance qualities of tonewoods. The combination of finish and tonewoods translates into a beautiful musical sound across the entire tonal range with pleasing balanced mids and transparent sparkling highs.
Sound is the most important consideration for Furch guitars. Their excellent acoustic qualities are the result of state-of-the art technologies, proprietary production processes and precision craftsmanship combined with the use of the best available tonewoods. The Green SM is no fluke. Hear its exceptional sound quality for yourself with Tonepedia’s app. You can compare its unique sound with other Furch models and also guitars from other manufacturers.
Unique voicing process
The premium nature of the Green SM is underscored by the fact that the soundboard is individually tuned using the voicing process, which enhances the guitar’s tonal properties to the highest level. Thanks to that, the Green SM has a crystalline clear, harmonically rich, balanced, and highly dynamic sound across the entire tonal spectrum.
Resonance enhancing satin finish
The guitar’s body is coated with an ultra-thin and consistent UV Full-Pore Satin Finish, which we designed to maximize the resonant properties of the instrument while providing excellent protection. The foundation of the surface treatment is our high-gloss varnish, the final layer of which we apply with a matte finish. Thus, the guitar acquires a beautiful, slightly matte appearance.
Furch CNR System® Neck Design
A high precision, dual-action truss rod maintains neck stability and allows for fine adjustment of the neck relief, bilaterally. The truss rod is housed in a highly rigid carbon casing which enables a very smooth and controlled neck relief, ensuring the best playability and enduring optimal setup.
- A fully adjustable dual-action truss rod for highly precise adjustment of the neck bow in both the convex and concave directions.
- A highly rigid carbon casing that maintains the neck in the set position over a period much longer than is the case with standard neck joint designs and, at the same time, facilitates a gradual bow in the neck, a factor of essential importance for playability.
- A casting made of special alloy located inside the neck heel that ensures a stable position of the neck and its angle vis-à-vis the body.
The soundboard of the Green SM owes its stylish look to a combination of faux tortoise body binding and a rosette featuring a double ring with a black walnut inlay.
Pearl position markers
White pearl side position markers and fingerboard inlays improve fingerboard orientation and enhance the guitar’s stylish appearance.
High-rigidity Hiscox case
Maximum protection during transport is provided by a high-rigidity Hiscox case with polyurethane insulating foam that shields the instrument from changes in external climatic conditions.
|Available body shapes||D, Dc, G, Gc, OM, OMc|
|Neck-to-body joint||14th fret|
|Solid top - grade||Sitka spruce - AA|
|Solid back and sides - grade||African mahogany - AA|
|Purfling||Five black and white lines|
|Rosette||Double ring with black walnut inlay|
|Saddle||TUSQ fully compensated|
|Bridge string spacing||2 3/16|
|Top finish||Full-Pore Satin Finish|
|Back and sides finish||Full-Pore Satin Finish|
|Nut width||1 3/4|
|Available nut width||1 11/16 and 1 7/8|
|Neck reinforcement||CNR System with dual-action adjustment|
|Neck profile||Furch Soft V|
|Scale length||25 9/16|
|Fingerboard radius||15 3/4|
|Fingerboard front inlay||Pearl position dots|
|Fingerboard side inlay||Pearl position dots|
|Neck material||African mahogany|
|Machine heads||Furch Machine Chrome - gear ratio 1:18|
|Nut string spacing (1 3/4)||1 1/2|
|Nut string spacing (1 11/16)||1 7/16|
|Nut string spacing (1 7/8)||1 9/16|
|Strings||Elixir Ph-Br Nanoweb 12-53|
|Neck finish||Full-Pore Smooth-Slide Satin Finish with antibacterial additive|
|Headstock finish||Full-Pore Satin Finish|